Code Geass Review

I have to be honest. I never saw myself watching this anime but a friend of mine turned me on to it and I never looked back. Without a shadow of a doubt this anime is a must see. The Story itself is amazing and it has a tendency to make you forget about time in real life. The story unfolds fast with very little fillers, and it explains everything in the end. So if you are one of those people who likes for the stuff to be upfront this is going to be hard to get through. Though it is always fun to guess what the writers had planned before it happens.

The story itself is very original and the cast of characters are ones that you will love. Now you do have your archetypes; emo-hero, helpless damsel, hot head friend, sneaky backstabber, mad scientist, and lots of busty beauties. I guess there is no need to reinvent the wheel huh?

Even though the line up has been seen time and time again, the situations that unfold make the story much more appealing and take the characters from mundane and ordinary to feeling alive and familiar. Any time I shed a tear because of the emotions in a show its worth seeing.

Now what did have me somewhat defensive to this anime was the presence of the Mechs. I’m not a fan of mech heavy anime because they often have more on the robot and the explosions than the actual content and story. But the mechs in Code Geass are solely accessories and that is very refreshing.

The animation itself is great. But I cant say that’s not expected from what I consider a generation 4 anime. Its polished, bright and completely innovative with a smooth mixture of computer elements and classic animation.



The music is in a class all its own. You’ll be humming the catchy tunes way after you’ve completed the series. The soundtrack is worth “acquiring”.

Now there was one thing that did bother me about the series and that is the ending. Similar to Black Cat, the ending could have stopped short of like 3 episodes. Or if anything else it could have been extended some. The biggest problem is that the story seems rushed at the end. Like after all the good content, there was little knowledge as to what needed to be done with to finish and tie it all together.

Overall this anime is on my top list and thus my first review. It has everything any good coinsure of anime is looking for. Story, animation, music, characters, and overall appeal.

RATINGS:

Story: A+
Music: A
Animation: A+
Characters: A+
Ending: C+

Overall: A-



Thanks to Deviantart.com and siguredo for the great pic.

1 comments:

Dezmond Mitchell said...

I have plans to watch the first episode soon.

Post a Comment

Write your thoughts! All are to be heard...